REGINA - Leader of the Official Opposition Ryan Meili announced the Saskatchewan NDP shadow cabinet today, as well as staffing changes going forward within the Saskatchewan NDP caucus office.
“Our team of Saskatchewan New Democrat MLAs is full of new faces and new energy to hold the Sask. Party government to account and put people first,” Meili said.
The new shadow cabinet with critic responsibilities is as follows:
- Ryan Meili: Leader of the Opposition, Executive Council, Intergovernmental Affairs and Francophone Affairs
- Nicole Sarauer: Deputy Leader of the Opposition, Justice, Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority, SaskGaming, Corrections and Policing, and the Provincial Capital Commission
- Carla Beck: Caucus Chair, Education, Early Learning and Labour
- Buckley Belanger: Highways, Forestry, Global Transportation Hub and Regina Bypass
- Jennifer Bowes: Advanced Education, Innovation, Status of Women and Associate Critic for Labour
- Meara Conway: Social Services, Housing, Human Rights and Community-Based Organizations
- Matt Love: Municipal Affairs, Tourism, Seniors, Ethics and Democracy, Parks, Culture and Sport and Deputy Caucus Chair
- Vicki Mowat: Health and House Leader
- Betty Nippi-Albright: First Nations and Métis Relations, Truth and Reconciliation and Public Service Commission
- Erika Ritchie: Environment, Energy and Resources, SaskWater, Water Security Agency and SaskEnergy
- Doyle Vermette: Northern Affairs and Mental Health and Addictions
- Trent Wotherspoon: Agriculture, Finance, SaskTel, Agriculture, Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation, Crown Investments Corporation and Public Accounts Committee Chair
- Aleana Young: Economy and Jobs, Immigration, Trade and Export Development, Sask Builds, Central Services, Saskatchewan Government Insurance, Sask Power and Deputy House Leader
“This strong and diverse team will act to push for the needs of Saskatchewan families in the face of Covid-19,” said Meili. “Our first priority is to ensure critical investments are made to protect families facing economic uncertainty, the kids in our schools, seniors and the most vulnerable. I am confident that this team will get results for the people of our province.”
Meili also announced that Sally Housser will take on the role of Interim Chief of Staff, taking over from Adrienne King.
“I want to thank Adrienne for her contribution to our caucus and our movement,” said Ryan. “Sally is capable, experienced and ready to get to work with our incredible team of MLAs.”
For more information, please contact: