Responding to a Saturday afternoon social media post from Premier Moe announcing that additional announcements would follow on Monday about the province’s deeply unpopular back-to-school plan, NDP Leader Ryan Meili slammed the Premier’s damage control efforts as “too little, too late.”

“The Sask. Party is spinning its wheels,” said Meili. “For months we’ve pushed for a serious plan for the safe reopening of schools. They have no plan, and no clue what to do. Now Saskatchewan families are paying the price, with widespread fear and frustration as our kids return to the classroom. It’s too little, too late.”

NDP Education Critic Carla Beck noted that the government has spent months denying that any additional investment would be necessary for the safe return of our kids to school. Last week Education Minister Gord Wyant tried to claim that school divisions could apply for more funding through the provincial contingency fund, but school divisions confirmed that they had been given no means to access that money.

“While any investment is welcome at this very late stage, the dollars teased today are completely inadequate to address the needs in our classrooms as teachers and students prepare to go back to school this fall,” said Education Critic Carla Beck. “Even with this small investment taken into account, the Sask. Party will still be spending less per student than they were in 2016. The Sask. Party’s failure to plan is letting our parents, teachers, students and school staff down.”

Latest posts

Moe’s Minister caught lying about dodgy donor deal

Records show former Sask. Party Finance Minister lobbied for Calgary surgery scheme on behalf of a major Sask. Party donor

REGINA - Today, the Official Opposition grilled the Premier and his Minister of Health after the Minister misled the public, claiming that he had not been lobbied by a former Sask. Party MLA when Saskatchewan's official lobbyist logs show the exact opposite.

Share this page