Today, Sask. Party MLAs from Saskatoon voted to cut funding for the Meewasin Valley Authority.
“It’s unconscionable that these Sask. Party MLAs would rather stand with their party and vote for cuts to the Meewasin Valley Authority instead of standing up for their constituents in Saskatoon” said NDP MLA for Saskatoon Centre David Forbes. “They should have stood up for their constituents in Saskatoon, instead of standing with the Sask. Party cuts to this jewel of the city.”
With the passing of The Meewasin Valley Authority Amendment Act, the Sask. Party can now move forward with their plan to eliminate predictable annual funding for the Meewasin Valley Authority. This year alone, the Sask. Party cut the funding to the Meewasin Valley Authority by $409,000.
“It was the Sask. Party who blew through the rainy-day fund, wasted billions on the Regina bypass and the carbon capture boondoggle, and lost millions in the Sask. Party’s GTH scandal,” Forbes said. “The City of Saskatoon and all of the people who live and visit here, shouldn’t have to pay the price.”
Sask. Party MLAs from Saskatoon who voted for the cuts as outlined in The Meewasin Valley Authority Amendment Act include:
- Saskatoon Churchill-Wildwood MLA Lisa Lambert
- Saskatoon Fairview MLA Jennifer Campeau
- Saskatoon Northwest MLA Gordon Wyant
- Saskatoon Silverspring-Sutherland MLA Paul Merriman
- Saskatoon Southeast MLA Don Morgan
- Saskatoon Stonebridge-Dakota MLA Bronwyn Eyre
- Saskatoon University MLA Eric Olauson
- Saskatoon Westview MLA David Buckingham
- Saskatoon Willowgrove MLA Ken Cheveldayoff