Position Title: Constituency Assistant- Office of Ryan Meili, MLA Saskatoon Meewasin
Hours of Work: 7.2 hours/day or 36 hours/week
Salary: Level 3 – Step 1: $25.750/hour; $1854 bi-weekly
Main duties will include responsibility for managing all aspects of the MLAs constituency office, including case work, financial management, dealing and responding to concerns of constituents, research and communication, and attending meetings with or representing the MLA. The position is based in Saskatoon.
- Dealing with casework referred to the MLA from constituents, which includes evaluating information; checking accuracy; investigating complaints; referring to relevant government offices if appropriate; and preparing MLA responses to constituents.
- Managing the financial accountability for office expenditures; ordering materials and supplies; preparing and authorizing payments; and maintaining the budget.
- Researching and communicating information to respond to the issues/inquiries made by constituents to the MLA and pertaining to his critic area;
- Attending meetings/functions with the MLA or representing the MLA when necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously (extensive experience in business management and administration would be an asset).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal courteously with members of the general public (extensive experience in dealing with the public is essential).
- Strong oral and written communication and research skills.
- Strong computer skills, including extensive experience with MacIntosh Computer products, Microsoft Office, and operating in a paper-less environment.
- Familiarity with the constituency of Saskatoon Meewasin, and the issues affecting the residents.
- Familiarity with the organization of civic, provincial and federal governments.
- Familiarity with the organization and operations of the New Democratic Party.
- Familiarity with the duties of a Members of the Legislative Assembly including critic area, and with the procedures of the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly.
Competition Closes: 5:00 pm: May 1, 2017
Submit resume and cover letter to the email address below. Resumes should include the references willing to speak to the candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience.
Ryan Meili, MLA Saskatoon Meewasin
Room 265 Legislative Building
REGINA SK S4S 0B3
The NDP is an Employment Equity Employer
This position is covered under the provision of the Collective Agreement between
COPE 397 and the Saskatchewan NDP Caucus.