Position Title: Issues Management Officer I (Sessional)
The position is based in Regina. The successful applicant will assist in formulating and conducting various issue management projects. This will be typically accomplished through the collection, analysis, and distillation of information. The successful applicant will be required to present the data in verbal and written form to the New Democratic Party Caucus Management Team and Members of the New Democratic Party Members of the Legislative Assembly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify issues of political relevance and provide recommendations from a policy and political perspective;
- Analyze Government and Opposition policies;
- Assist on special projects as required;
- Provide support during Committee;
- Work with Federal and Provincial counterparts on issues of shared interest;
- Develop relationships and solicit policy advice from third parties;
- Assemble information packages;
- Monitor provincial media for political issue identification; and
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in a related discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience);
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to present information in a variety of formats;
- Self-motivated ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure work environment;
- Ability to prioritize competing demands with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work varied hours with minimal notice;
- Strong interest in progressive politics; and
- Membership in good standing with the Saskatchewan New Democratic Party.
Competition Closes: October: October 22, 2017 @ 5 pm
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Director of Administration & Human Resources
Saskatchewan NDP Caucus
Resumes should include the references willing to speak to the candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience.
The Saskatchewan NDP is an Employment Equity Employer
This position is covered under the provision of the Collective Agreement between COPE 397 and the Saskatchewan NDP Caucus.